Erin Miller

Thursday, February 2, 2017

To Live Is To Die First by Eli Darzi

This book is purely philosophical. A new text in a new millennia. Have we come across the 21st century Plato or Aristotle? Not them, but perhaps an Epicurus, This is an anthology of essays for numerous different topics that all relate in some way to human's suffering.
This is not an easy read but it certainly makes you think. I can imagine this book being used in many college philosophy classes in the future. Eli Darzi is certainly a writer to look for in the future in the academic world. Or at least, his work should be considered. We will see in the future.
Some of the things mentioned in his essays I can't fully agree with. Still, it's excellent food for thought.
I rate To Live is to Die by Eli Darzi a 4 out of 5. There were only a minute number of small typos but not enough to detract from the overall effect. It's a great piece of non-fiction. This is a philosophy book you don't want to miss!

In the future, I will post a picture of the paperback copy. I had to replace my copy since I accidentally left it at one of my jobs one day. Hopefully, whoever picked it up is loving every minute of reading it! Really, buy this book! You won't regret it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment